View Cart Checkout
Samsung Galaxy Young
- 02 May 2014 11:54 am
|Price||$92.00 - $120.00|
The Samsung Galaxy Young (GT S-6310) is an entry level android smartphone suitable for anyone in need of a good looking phone that gains him/her some respect amongst colleagues. The phone is much nicer and slightly bigger than its predecessor, the Galaxy Y (GT S-5360).
I certainly like the home button which is now rectangular, making more room for the now bigger screen, as opposed to the big rounded corners square home button on the 5360. The new spectacular design of the silver strip around the body of the phone really gives it its beautiful face. One feature that is obvious and i wont spend much time on is the screen size, the 6310 has a bigger screen which makes it less difficult to use.
I used to think white phones where more suitable for girls but, with the new Galaxy, i'm even more proud with this white and silver phone. The phone however is still a budget phone and it only has one camera (rear), making it difficult to do video calls (Skype). The sound is really good though, you can actually have serious business conference calls using this phone and won't miss a word.
The trouble then starts when you run a number of apps on the phone. It has a limited Memory (RAM) of 768MB which makes it choke up quite easily. This obviously means you can't play any heavy graphic games like Need for Speed or even Temple Runner.
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and dual-band UMTS support
- 7.2 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
- 3.27" capacitive TFT touchscreen of HVGA resolution (320 x 480)
- Android OS v4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- 1 GHz Cortex-A5 CPU, Adreno 200 GPU, Qualcomm MSM7227A chipset
- 768 MB of RAM
- 2GB of user-accessible built-in storage (4GB total)
- microSD slot (64GB supported)
- 3.15 MP fixed-focus camera, geotagging
- VGA video recording @ 24fps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct
- GPS with A-GPS
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1
- Li-Ion 1300 mAh battery
- Document editor
- File manager preinstalled
- Samsung Apps brings a few nice apps for free
- Mediocre screen quality
- Fixed-focus camera
- Subpar video recording
- No front-facing camera